DAVID J. CAROL
A lot of young photographers are missing out on something special. All they know is digital photography. I think every photographer at some point in their careers must do the following:
1) Shoot 5 rolls of Black and White film
2) Process the 5 rolls by hand.
3) Make contacts of those rolls of film in a darkroom.
4) Look over those contacts and pick out a few pictures and make prints.
5) Select your favorite from the batch and get it matted and framed.
C'mon now, get your hands dirty! Photographers have had an intimate relationship with their photos since the early 19th century. Spend time with your work and experience the process. Then when its all done, reward yourself with a framed photo of your work. Hang it on the wall...you made it!