© DAVID CAROL 2014
Here is my list, in no particular order, of what I find most satisfying about being a photographer.
- Getting a picture that looks and feels perfect to yourself.
- The first time you sell one of your photographs to a stranger.
- Seeing your name in print for something you're proud of.
- Giving advice to another photographer that they actually value.
- Being paid to travel to some place you would have paid to go to yourself.
- Becoming friends with a photographer whose work you've previously known and loved.
- The first time a museum wants your photos for their permanent collection.
- Having someone know your work before they know you.
- Reading something about your work and they get it exactly right.
- Making a living with your camera.
If you can relate to any of the things on this list, you too are very lucky!