Adobe Announces Photoshop CC Update Offering 3D Printing and Perspective Warp Features
JANUARY 16, 2014
Adobe announced an update this morning to its subscription-based Photoshop CC software which adds 3D printing capabilities. The update also adds new Perspective Warp and Linked Smart Objects features.
Photographers can purchase a membership for Photoshop CC (which includes the new features) for $9.99 per month when signing up for a yearly membership in the Creative Cloud - Photoshop Photography Program. Details on membership and pricing here.
More details about the new Photoshop CC features can be found ivia the below Adobe blog posts:
· 3D printing: http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotcom/?p=7296
· New Photoshop CC features: http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotcom/?p=7226.
You can also see the new features in action via the below videos:
· Photoshop CC Overview January 2014 - http://tv.adobe.com/go/21862
· Perspective Warp - http://tv.adobe.com/go/21853
· Linked Smart Objects - http://tv.adobe.com/go/21854
· 3D Printing - http://tv.adobe.com/go/21855
Additional details in the press release below.
Major Update to Adobe Photoshop CC Brings 3D Printing to the Design World
First 2014 Creative Cloud Release Also Includes Amazing Perspective Warp Capability in Photoshop CC
SAN JOSE, Calif., — January 16, 2014 — Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today unveiled new 3D printing capabilities in Adobe Photoshop CC. By radically simplifying the 3D print process, Photoshop CC will become the go-to tool for anyone who wants to print a 3D model. Available immediately, as part of a major update to Adobe Creative Cloud, the new 3D printing capabilities integrated in Photoshop CC enable Creative Cloud members to easily and reliably build, refine, preview, prepare and print 3D designs, setting the stage for explosive growth in the 3D printing market.
The new 3D printing capabilities also help creatives to design in 3D from scratch or refine an existing 3D model and produce beautiful, print-ready 3D models using familiar Photoshop tools. Automated mesh repair and support structure generation ensure models will be produced reliably, while accurate previews allow creatives to submit print jobs with confidence.
“The new 3D print capabilities in Photoshop CC take the guess work out of printing 3D models for everyone,” said Winston Hendrickson, vice president products, Creative Media Solutions, Adobe. “Before today there was a gap between the content produced by 3D modeling tools and what 3D printers need in order to deliver high quality results. Now, by simply clicking ‘Print’ in Photoshop CC, creatives can bring 3D designs to the physical world.”
Photoshop CC Turbocharges Emerging 3D Print Ecosystem
With today’s release of Photoshop CC, designs can be printed to a locally connected 3D printer or via built-in access to popular online 3D print services. Photoshop CC supports the most popular desktop 3D printers, such as the MakerBot Replicator, and also supports the full range of high quality materials available on Shapeways -- the 3D printing community and marketplace -- including ceramics, metals, and full color sandstone. Additionally, Photoshop users can now directly upload their 3D models to the Sketchfab 3D publishing service, and embed them in their Behance profile using Sketchfab’s interactive 3D viewer.
• “We’re thrilled to partner with Adobe to help kick-start the delivery of 3D content to their highly creative users," said Peter Weijmarshausen, CEO and Co-Founder, Shapeways, the world’s leading online 3D printing marketplace and community. "We’re focused on making 3D printing accessible and affordable for people all over the world. By teaming up with Adobe, we're making it easy for designers and creatives to turn ideas into reality, using Shapeway's highest quality 3D printing technologies."
• "With the huge adoption of Adobe Photoshop CC, this announcement means that a massive influx of people will now have access to 3D modeling tools,” noted Bre Pettis, CEO, MakerBot. “I can't wait to see what they design with Photoshop CC and create with their MakerBot Replicator 3D printer!"
Stunning 3D Creations Now In Reach For Designers
Printing in 3D enables the production of accurate and compelling prototypes and finished designs and is used in many creative fields, including architecture, jewelry, film and animation.
• Paul Liaw, jewelry designer and sculptor: “My design process is so much easier with the new 3D printing support options in Adobe Photoshop CC. I can make my jewelry designs look beautiful and automate the process of using the least amount of material without going under the printable threshold—this back and forth used to take about 80 percent of my time!”
• Veronica De La Rosa, industrial designer, FATHOM, a product development company and 3D printing specialist: “At FATHOM, we work with some of the most innovative companies to help produce their next generation of products. Using Photoshop CC, the new 3D printing features reduce file troubleshooting and ensure that our client's 3D models are accurately represented before final printing. This is extremely helpful to us as it will speed up customer communication, saving time and money for both us and more importantly our clients."
Adobe Kicks Off 2014 With Innovations Across Essential Design Tools
Adobe today also shipped new features across its flagship design applications and services, as part of a major Creative Cloud release. Additional new features in Photoshop CC include the groundbreaking Perspective Warp, which changes the viewpoint from which an object is seen, and linked Smart Objects that radically improves collaboration – updating the final design automatically if the reference file is changed. Also, new features in Adobe Illustrator CC and InDesign CC revolutionize how designers work with type by seamlessly connecting to the Adobe Typekit® font service. It’s now possible to integrate Typekit fonts into print projects, PDF files, DPS apps, and more, while new functionality in InDesign CC reduces the frustration of missing font errors by automatically searching the Typekit desktop font library for options. Dozens of new and enhanced features and services in today’s update will help designers and other creative professionals work more intuitively and efficiently.
To find out more about Photoshop CC, visit http://www.adobe.com/photoshop and http://tv.adobe.com/go/21862. To find out more about today’s Adobe Creative Cloud release, visit: http://blogs.adobe.com/creativelayer/?p=4791.
About Creative Cloud
Creative Cloud is a radical rethinking of the entire creative process and an industry-defining shift in creative expression and inspiration, where members can explore, create, publish and share their work across devices, the desktop and the Web. With Creative Cloud membership, users also have access to: a vibrant global creative community; publishing services to deliver apps and websites; cloud storage and the ability to sync to virtually any device; and new products and exclusive updates as they’re developed. Membership plans start from as little as $9.99 per month, when signing up for a yearly membership.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.