CES/PMA 2012: Corel Announces AfterShot Pro RAW Imaging Workflow Software
JANUARY 10, 2012
Corel entered the professional photography photo management software market this week with its new Corel AfterShot Pro imaging workflow software.
The software is designed to compete with Adobe Lightroom and Apple Aperture but is priced at just $99. And unlike some Corel products in the past, it's Mac-compatible along with being friendly with Windows and Linux-based computers.
AfterShot Pro is based on technology from Bibble Labs, which Corel acquired last year. The software is designed to be optimized to work with multi-core and multi-CPU promises to deliver fast RAW processing and color accurate images.
According to Corel, "AfterShot Pro offers workflow capabilities that enable you to work with photos virtually any way you want, such as quickly accessing images from existing file folders or memory cards or importing them into searchable catalogs."
More details in the press release below.
Corel Releases New Photo Workflow Solution: Corel AfterShot Pro
Delivers Unrivaled Speed, Flexible Photo Management and RAW Power on Windows, Mac OS and Linux
CES, LAS VEGAS--(Jan. 9, 2012) - Corel is pleased to announce the exciting expansion of its digital photography portfolio with the introduction of Corel AfterShot Pro. The total photographic workflow solution for professional and enthusiast photographers will be displayed today at Pepcom's Digital Experience! and tomorrow at ShowStoppers at CES. Providing complete RAW workflow, flexible photo management, advanced, non-destructive editing and breakthrough performance, AfterShot Pro offers a powerful and affordable alternative to products like Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and ACD Systems ACDSee Pro. Based on technology from Corel's acquisition of Bibble Labs, Corel AfterShot Pro provides Windows, Mac OS and Linux users with the tools they need to get the most out of their photos.
"Today's photographers, whether they're professional or enthusiast, are coming from shoots with hundreds, if not thousands of photos," said Chad Kinzelberg, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Digital Media at Corel. "They want to be able to bring in their photos and get right to work finding their best shots and making them better. With AfterShot Pro we are delivering a powerful RAW workflow solution to help photographers power through their photo workflow and get back to doing what they love - taking great pictures."
Flexible Workflow Gives Photographers Great Results - Fast
• Breakthrough Performance: Corel AfterShot Pro is designed for speed and allows those with and without the latest hardware to process their images fast. AfterShot Pro is fully multithreaded and optimized for multi-core computers by taking advantage of every CPU at its disposal to maximize the speed of onscreen preview, adjustment and output generation.
• RAW power: Corel AfterShot Pro is designed to help you make the most of the extra detail and data in your RAW images by offering fast RAW processing and incredibly color-accurate images.
• Flexible photo management: Whether reviewing, adjusting or exporting RAW, JPEG or TIFF images, Corel AfterShot Pro gives you the freedom to work the way you want. Create custom or even portable catalogues that can be moved to another computer, or if you already organize your photos in folders on your computer, you aren't required to catalogue them at all. Work with photos wherever they are, whether they are in folders on your hard drive or on a memory card.
• Robust Metadata tools: Browse and search your photos with ease using the powerful metadata features in Corel AfterShot Pro. Easily find your images with automatically imported EXIF data such as camera settings, lenses and dates. Add your own keywords, ratings, labels and tags or use industry-standard IPTC Metadata, such as captions and copyright. Tailor metadata sets to display only the information you want to see or use AfterShot Pro Presets to attach information to your photos for easy searching.
• Advanced, Non-destructive editing: With the non-destructive editing
tools in Corel AfterShot Pro, refine and enhance your photos without
ever altering your original image. Apply intelligent automatic or manual
adjustments-including complete exposure and tone control, color
correction, white balance, noise reduction, curves and levels, lens
correction and many more-knowing you can always revert to an earlier
version of the image at any time.
• Easy Photo-Editing Software Integration: When you're ready to get into deeper photo editing and advanced image manipulation, Corel AfterShot Pro lets you to bring your image into Corel PaintShop Pro, Adobe Photoshop or the image editor of your choice from directly within the application.
• Batch processing: Corel AfterShot Pro saves you time with some of the most advanced and flexible batch processing tools available. Use them to rename multiple files, apply adjustments to groups of similar files with the same settings, or convert and export files to one or more pre-defined image formats and sizes.
• Speed to output: When you're ready to create image files to print, share online or access in other applications, Corel AfterShot Pro offers lightning-fast output generation. Plus, use Batch Output to quickly process images according to predefined output settings like JPEG and PDF, create contact sheets or standard print sizes, and more. It's easy to modify Batch settings or create a custom Batch process that suits your workflow.
Pricing and Availability
comments powered by Disqus
© ANDY FREEBERGIs The Art World Biased Against Commercial Photographers?
©Nadya WasylkoPDN The Look Fashion Photography Competition
IMAGE COURTESY OF KEVIN COOLEY AND RYAN LEE GALLERY, NEW YORKPDN July 2015: The Fine-Art Photography Issue
- ADVERTISEMENT -
Articles available to all PDN and PDNOnline subscribers. Log in to access all the benefits of your PDN subscription. Log in now »
The Latest Exclusive Headlines
- ADVERTISEMENT -
- ADVERTISEMENT -
- ADVERTISEMENT -