PhotoPlus Expo 2012: Think Tank Unveils Glass Limo Lens Bag and Retrospective Photo Shoulder Bags
OCTOBER 27, 2012
Think Tank Photo announced at PhotoPlus Expo that the company will be releasing three new camera bags in September.
They are as follows:
• The Glass Limo, which Think Tank is calling "the photo industry’s slimmest profile backpack for carrying 'Big Glass,' such as a 600mm f/4 without body attached or a pro-size body attached to a 500mm f/4."
The Glass Limo will sell for $195.75. More info and images here.
• The Retrospective 40 and Retrospective 50 shoulder bags. Think Tank says the Retrospective 40 is designed for pro-size DSLRs with a pocket for most 13” laptops. The Retrospective 50 is designed to hold pro-size DSLRs with a pocket for 15.4” laptops.
The Retrospective 40 will sell for $210.75 and the Retrospective 50 will sell for $239.75.
More info and images of the Retrospective 50 here.
Also check out the two press releases on all three bags below.
Think Tank Photo to Release the Glass Limo Backpack
Holds a 600mm f/4 without body attached or a pro-size body attached to a 500mm f/4
Santa Rosa, Calif. – Think Tank Photo announces that in November it will release the Glass Limo™, the photo industry’s slimmest profile backpack for carrying “Big Glass,” such as a 600mm f/4 without body attached or a pro-size body attached to a 500mm f/4. And, unlike most bags for carrying large lenses, the Glass Limo complies with airline carry-on requirements, thus allowing photographers to stay near equipment that is among their most expensive and delicate.
“The Glass Limo solves a major functional problem experienced by sports and other Big Glass shooters,” which how to keep their large lenses safe while in transit and easy to carry into the field,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo CEO and Lead Designer. “This new backpack features Think Tank’s famous contoured harness with air channel. Big lenses may be heavy, but they don’t need be a physical burden.”
The Glass Limo’s features include:
• Specially designed donut and yolk for large lenses
• Expanded capacity: add up to three modular pouches
• Carry a tripod or a monopod on either side with included straps
• Deluxe organizer on front zippered pocket
• Two zippered internal mesh pockets for accessories
• Water bottle pockets on each side
• Comfortable harness
• Removable padded waist belt
• Can adapt Pro Speed Belt for additional comfort
• Padded removable insert
• Business card holder on top panel
• Seam-sealed rain cover included
The Glass Limo’s fabric is treated with a DWR coating while underside is coated with PU for superior water resistance. It uses YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion resistant) zippers, 1680 ballistic nylon bottom panel, 600D brushed polyester, 420D velocity nylon, 420D high-density nylon, 250D shadow rip-stop polyester, Ultra Stretch mesh pockets, 3D air mesh, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
External Dimensions: 9” W x 20” H x 9.2” D (22.9 × 50.8 × 23.4cm)
Internal Dimensions: 8.7” W x 19” H x 8.3” D (22.1 × 48.2 × 21.1cm)
Weight: 2.6-3.9 lbs (1.1-1.8 kg)
Think Tank Photo to Release Retrospective 40 and Retrospective 50 Photo Shoulder Bags for Increased Laptop Carrying Capacity
Santa Rosa, Calif. – Think Tank Photo announces that in November it will add two new laptop-carrying sizes to its “retro” Retrospective shoulder bag line: the Retrospective 40 and the Retrospective 50. Designed for the professional photographer that wants to remain inconspicuous in any situation, their retro look mixes "Old-School" with "New-School" that is a throwback to the days when bags where visually simple but highly functional.
The Retrospective 40 is perfectly suited for pro-size DSLRs with a pocket for most 13” laptops and the Retrospective 50 holds pro-size DSLRs with a pocket for 15.4” laptops. Both bags accommodate a 70-200 2.8 attached to a pro-size body. The large front pocket provides an optional divider for an additional two pro-size bodies or for documents
“With broad appeal, the Retrospective series has quickly become one of the leading bag collections in the industry,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo CEO and Lead Designer. “Working pros to vacationers all will find the Retrospective 40 and 50 to be the most useful and functional bags for a day’s outing.”
Additional features include:
• Cushioned and padded nonslip shoulder strap for all day comfort
• Sound Silencers™ to turn off the front flap hook and loop for silent operation
• Organizational and zippered pockets for accessories
• Removable divider set for custom layouts
• Convenient carrying handle for grab and go
• Seam sealed rain cover
• Expandable front pocket for DSLR body or accessories
• Business card slot under the front flap for identification
• High quality YKK zippers
• Soft, flexible, lightweight
• Available in Black nylon, Pinestone or Slate Blue cotton canvas
External Dimensions: 14.2” W x 11.8” H x 8” D (36.1 x 30 x 20.3cm)
Internal Dimensions: 13.8” W x 11” H x 6.5” D (35.1 x 27.9 x 16.5cm)
Laptop: 13" W x 10.2" H x 1.3" D (33 x 25.9 x 3.3cm)
Weight: 3.9 lbs (1.8 kg)
External Dimensions: 16” W x 11.8”H x 8.5” D (40.6 x 30 x 21.6cm)
Internal Dimensions: 15.5” W x 11” H x 6.5” D (39.4 x 27.9 x 16.5cm)
Laptop: 15" W x 11" H x 1.4" D (38 x 28 x 3.6cm)
Weight: 4.2 lbs (1.9kg)