Epson unveiled two new wireless all-in-one photo printers yesterday, the Epson Artisan 837 ($299) and 730 ($199). Along with printing photos and documents, both printers can scan and copy, making them suited for studio and small office use.
The flagship Artisan 837 offers high-speed color copying and faxing with a 30-page Automatic Document Feeder. Both printers feature sleek, midnight blue designs.
More details in the press release below.
New Epson Artisan All-in-One Printers Deliver Superior Performance and Image Quality in Sleek, Midnight Blue Design
Artisan 837 and 730 Offer Professional-Quality Photos and Fast Everyday Printing
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Aug. 8, 2011 – Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing desktop printing solutions, today introduced the Epson Artisan 837 and Artisan 730 wireless all-in-one printers for photo and technology enthusiasts who demand fast, reliable and better than lab-quality prints at home. The new Artisan line combines power and convenience in a sleek, compact design, featuring new midnight blue accents and a three-times-brighter emerald green smart touch panel display for easy PC-free navigation.
The Epson Artisan 837 and 730 also offer Epson Connect for hassle-free printing on the go. With Epson Connect, mobile device users can print web pages, photos, documents, and e-mail attachments directly from tablets, smart phones and other mobile devices1.
Built to perform, the Epson Artisan premium home all-in-ones deliver the world’s fastest 4”x6” photo print speeds2, producing brilliant, Ultra Hi-Definition 4”x6” prints in as fast as 10 seconds3. In addition, the Epson Artisan 837 and 730 are rated number-one in photo quality by consumers. Both models allow users to print, scan and access memory card slots from any room in the house with built-in wireless and Ethernet networking. For added convenience, the flagship Artisan 837 also offers high-speed color copying and faxing with a 30-page Automatic Document Feeder.
“Epson Artisan all-in-ones are designed to provide photo enthusiasts with the ultimate creativity tool, offering fast printing, brilliant ultra hi-definition color prints, and a versatile feature set,” said Gregg Brunnick, group product manager, Epson America, Inc. “Whether printing elegant invitations, newsletters, portraits, or coloring book pages for the kids, the Artisan 837 and 730 deliver premium quality results every time. In our ongoing efforts to give consumers performance printing wherever they are, the latest series of Artisan models also offer a range of on-the-go printing capabilities and convenience.”
Additional High-Performance Epson Artisan 837 and 730 Features:
· Deliver professional-quality photos that are smudge, scratch, water, and fade resistant
· Offer Claria Ultra Hi-Definition ink that lasts up to four times longer than lab photos7
· Deliver vivid, true-to-life photos with Epson’s exclusive MicroPiezo print head with DX5 technology
· Offer built-in wireless and Ethernet networking6 to deliver up to 2.5 times the performance of the previous 802.11b
· Print, scan and share directly from your Apple iPhone, tablet and other mobile devices – no computer necessary
· Deliver fast print speeds of 9.6 ISO ppm black and 9.1 ISO ppm color single-sided; 4.9 ISO ppm black and 4.7 ISO ppm color two-sided8
· Save up to 50 percent of paper supply with automatic two-sided printing
· Create personalized greeting cards, coloring book pages, elegant stationery, and note paper
· Create professional-looking discs by printing images and text directly onto ink jet printable CDs/DVDs
· Feature built-in Auto Photo Correction to automatically evaluate and correct images and red eye
· Accommodate various printing needs with individual ink cartridges at affordable prices (standard and high-capacity sizes)9
· Offer a range of eco features and environmental qualifications including, ENERGY STAR and RoHS compliance, and is designed to be recycled10
Pricing and Availability
The Epson Artisan 837 ($299.99) and Artisan 730 ($199.99) all-in-ones will be available in September through major computer, office and electronic superstores, a variety of retail stores nationwide and Epson’s retail site, www.epsonstore.com.