Visual Connections (formerly Picturehouse Marketing US) is a marketing services company focused on connecting buyers with suppliers of stock and commissioned imagery, and other visual media. The company owners, Deborah Free and Edward Leigh, have 40 years combined experience in the industry and have run trade fairs, for Picturehouse then Visual Connections, since 2003.
Visual Connections New York Image Expo presents a unique opportunity for image buyers to do business, pick up useful tips, and have some fun at this annual one-day show. Visual Connections is hosting this year's Image Expo at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City on October 13th.
This is a unique one-day event for image buyers, researchers, designers, art directors, and other users of images and footage to discover new sources of imagery, including niche and overseas agencies; network with peers; enjoy complimentary refreshments, including beer and wine after 5pm; pick up cool giveaways, and win fabulous prizes donated by exhibitors.
The event also offers a great learning opportunity: Visual Connections has partnered with PACA (the trade organization representing picture agencies in North America), PicScout (developer of image recognition fingerprinting technology), FootageInfo.com (provider of footage consultancy services) , the American Society of Picture Professionals, and Art Directors Club ("whose mission is to connect, provoke and elevate creative visual communications professionals around the world"), to create an exciting program of sessions, tailored to feedback from image buyers:
- 10am -Copyright and Image Licensing in the World of New Technology, New Media and New Users (PACA)- Panel discussion, led by PACA Legal Counsel Nancy Wolff, about fair use, DMCA protection, Creative Commons, digital usage rights, and any issues put forward by the audience.
- 1pm - Crystal Ball for Creative Careers (PicScout)- A panel discussion about the challenges and opportunities today's environment offers for career progression.
- 2:30pm - When Two Worlds Collide (FootageInfo.com)- A panel discussion about licensing and using footage in new media applications, from the Web to e-books.
- 4pm - Digital Toolbox - Creative Collaboration at a Distance (ASPP)- Introduction and demonstration of useful new Web tools and techniques to enable creative professionals to collaborate effectively.
- 5:30pm - Photographs Worth More Than Words (ADC)- A panel discussion about successes and failures to sell brands and ideas using photography, and different approaches to working with photographers.
The expo and afternoon sessions are free. The morning seminar costs $30 if booked online in advance ($40 at the door). Entry is restricted to professional image buyers and researchers.
For more information or to register go to: http://www.visualconnections.com/NY2010/.