Sirui has released a new line of lens filters covering a range of photographic applications.
The line will consist of round threaded filters,100mm x 100mm square filters and 100mm x 150mm rectangle filters. They’re built from Schott Plate Glass (B270) with a multi-layer coating and a waterproof, oil and scratch-resistant finish. The filter rings are made from corrosion-resistant aluminum.
There are several models available in most of the popular lens sizes:
- The Ultra Slim S-Pro Nano MC UV Filter is 2mm thin to reduce vignetting in wide-angle lenses. It is available in 10 lens sizes: 40.5mm, 49mm, 52mm, 55mm, 58mm, 62mm, 67mm, 72mm, 77mm and 82mm.
- The Ultra Slim S-Pro Nano MC Circular Polarizer Filter is sold in 67mm, 77mm and 82mm and measures 3.8mm thick.
- The Ultra Slim S-Pro Nano MC Neutral Density Filter delivers a 10-stop exposure reduction. It measures 2.8mm and is available in an extended rim design adapting an 82mm filter to a 77mm lens and adapting a 95mm filter to and 82mm lens to better reduce vignetting.
- The Ultra Slim S-Pro Nano MC Neutral Density Square Filter (100mm x 100mm) will be offered in four versions delivering 3, 4, 6 and 10 stops of exposure reduction, respectively. They’re all 2mm thin. It’s designed to work with the Sirui Filter Holder or other third party 100mm filter holders.
- The 2mm Ultra Slim S-Pro Nano MC Graduated Neutral Density Rectangular Filter (100mm x 150mm) is designed to darken specific areas of an image while permitting light to flow normally throughout the rest of the frame. It’s sold in 2, 3, 4 and 5 stop densities.