Arri has announced a brand new 4K Alexa camera, the Mini, that features a dramatically smaller carbon fiber-based camera body optimized for use on brushless gimbals, drones and other run-and-gun applications.
The Mini weighs in at a svelte 5 pounds (body and PL lens mount) and measures 7.3×4.9×5.5-inches. It’s boxy design is meant to facilitate shooting in a variety of angles.
- 35mm format Arri ALEV III CMOS sensor
- Maximum frame rate of up to 200 fps
- In-camera recording to CFast 2.0 memory cards
- 4K ProRes recording (3840×2160) or uncompressed ArriRAW format video up to 30 fps
- Interchangeable lens mount (EF, B4 and PL)
- Remote control via Arri’s Electronic Control System and Wi-Fi
- Built-in motorized ND filter