Olympus is refreshing the entry-level model in its OM-D E-M10 Micro Four Thirds line with the new OM-D E-M10 Mark III due in late September.
The Mark III sports a 16-megapixel image sensor with a native ISO range of 200-25,600 (with an ISO 100 LOW setting). The camera’s in-body, 5-axis stabilization system is good for up to four stops of correction, per CIPA standards.
There are 121 AF points with touch-focusing capability on the 3-inch, tilting display. You’ll enjoy continuous shooting of up to 8.6fps with focused fixed on the first frame.
On the video front, the Mark III can record 4K (3840 x 2160) at 30p or 24p and full HD at 60p. It can also compile 4K time-lapse movies in camera.
Additional features include:
- 1/4000 sec. top mechanical shutter speed
- 1/16,000 sec. electronic shutter
- built-in flash
- programmable Shortcut button, plus two customizable function buttons
- new Bleach Bypass option in the Art filter menu
- Face priority AF and eye priority AF
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III will be available in a black and silver body or black body for $650 or for $800 with the M.Zuiko 14–42mm EZ lens. It’s available for pre-order now.