Fuji is adding another lens to its growing portfolio of medium format lenses and is readying a firmware update for the GFX 50S.
The new FUJINON GF45mmF2.8 R WR (36mm equivalent) weighs in at 17oz. and is dust and weather sealed.
It uses Nano GI coating to reduce flare and ghosting and features nine aperture blades that stop down to f/32. It can focus on objects as close as 45cm with a magnification of 0.14x.
The new FUJINON GF45mmF2.8 R WR lens will ship in November for $1,700. It is available for pre-order now.
Fuji also added a pair of lenses to its GF medium format series roadmap: the GF250mmF4 R LM OIS WR telephoto prime lens (equivalent to 198mm in 35mm format) and the GF1.4X TC WR, a 1.4x teleconverter for use with the GF250mm.
As for the firmware, Fuji says GFX 50S owners should expect it in November. It will enable support for Profoto Air remotes plus support for X RAW Studio to convert RAW files with X Processor Pro.
Additional new features will include:
- the ability to backup and restore of camera settings from one camera to another via FUJIFILM X Acquire
- the addition of “Eye Sensor + LCD Image Display” in View Mode for shooting through the viewfinder and checking images on the LCD
- an ON/OFF for 1/3-step shutter speed adjustment
- the addition of “Shoot Without Card” mode so camera will not shoot without SD card inserted
- the addition of “-6” and “-7” to the EVF’s brightness settings.