TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new Nikon Professional Services (NPS) global website today. The new NPS Global site, located at http://nps.nikonimaging.com, will serve as one of the measures in which Nikon reinforces its services for professional photographers.
NPS is a membership organization through which Nikon offers support and services to professional photographers throughout the world. For nearly half a century, NPS has not only provided routine maintenance and repair services for professional photographers’ equipment, but has also provided support for them at international events held throughout the world. With the expansion of Nikon’s lineups of high-end digital-SLR cameras, NIKKOR lenses and other accessories, the NPS Global site has been developed to serve as a portal that distributes the latest information to assist NPS members working globally in their photographic activities.
In addition to introducing an overview of NPS activities, the NPS Global site will offer members greater convenience. For example, it provides: links to regional NPS sites to find out about practical local information, local service facility list for photographers to visit when they face with equipment problems while they are on overseas assignment, and world-wide NPS service depot information. The site will also offer contents, such as the introduction of effective techniques for using professional equipment. All of these information can be accessed by professional and advanced amateur photographers who are not NPS members.
As a manufacturer of imaging products that leads the professional industry, Nikon will continue to expand and enhance the contents of the NPS Global site and offer new services that fulfill user needs in order to reinforce its support and service organization.
NPS Global site overview
• Basic information (About NPS) Provides an overview of NPS activities, support and services available to members, and also serves as a service network for members who are on assignment at overseas
• Event support information (Event Support) Introduces information on NPS service depots set up at international events held throughout the world
• Worldwide NPS contact information (NPS Global Network) Provides links to, and contact information for, the NPS organization in each country
• Introduction of NPS members (Members) Introduces the activities and work of NPS members who are active internationally
• Equipment tips (Technical Solutions) Provides explanations and tips for the effective use of professional equipments
NPS is a Nikon organization designed solely to assist qualified, full-time professional photographers who earn their living using Nikon equipment. The organization is currently operating in approximately 30 countries with primary functions to provide equipment maintenance and repair services and to provide on-site support for professional photographers working at international events.