We recently posted our review of Nik Software’s Snapseed photography app for the Apple iPad and now Nik has announced Snapseed’s availability as a Universal App for the iPhone and iPod touch. More details in the press release below.
Snapseed Now Available as Universal App for iPhone & iPod Touch
Acclaimed new iPad photo app delivers new generation photo experience to even more mobile users
San Diego, CA—August 8, 2011—Leading photography software developer Nik Software (www.niksoftware.com) today released a Universal version of Snapseed, its acclaimed photo enhancement and sharing app for everyone. As a Universal app, Snapseed now runs on the Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. Regardless of device, Snapseed offers a fast, enjoyable, and high quality photo experience for people on the go. The app enables a powerful photographic workflow that includes photo capture, stunning enhancements and effects, and a broad range of sharing options all using simple gesture controls. To purchase Snapseed, visit the App Storesm (www.niksoftware.com/getsnapseed) or learn more and watch videos at www.niksoftware.com/snapseed.
“Since launching the initial iPad version, we have been extremely pleased by the overwhelming response to Snapseed,” said Michael J. Slater, President and CEO of Nik Software. “Bringing the app to even more devices now offers iPhone and iPod touch users the same fun, easy and powerful Snapseed photo experience.” Snapseed enables anyone to create amazing photos with a wide variety of innovative filters and tools. By combining filters, textures, and other enhancements, users can enjoy almost limitless effects. One-click adjustments automatically improve photos. Filters like Grunge, Vintage and Drama can take any photo to a new, extraordinary level. Snapseed also introduces the company’s revolutionary U Point technology in touch devices, bringing precise selective adjustments to change brightness, contrast, and saturation by simply touching and swiping the screen, blending the effect naturally throughout the image.
Snapseed is the first application in a new generation of photography software that brings the power and speed of the desktop to mobile devices. With Snapseed, users can capture, enhance, edit, and share their photos via social networks, email and even print in just a few seconds.
• NEW: Universal App—Works on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices
• NEW: Camera Capture—Take photos directly in Snapseed for speed and convenience
• NEW: Crop Aspect Ratios—Select from a variety of standard aspect ratios while cropping
• Grunge—Explore styles and textures without limits and give photos a totally unique look
• Selective Adjust—Using nothing more than a finger, make precise selections and enhancements in seconds with Nik Software’s revolutionary U Point technology
• Drama—Add custom effects to a photo which range from subtle enhancements of textures to wildly creative and artistic effects
• Vintage Films—Nine unique nostalgic films, plus controls like saturation, textures and vignettes make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
• Tune Image—Correct photos shot in difficult lighting situations, create depth and vibrancy with Ambience, or adjust White Balance, Saturation, Contrast and more with a few quick swipes
• Organic Frames—Add unique borders to photos by choosing styles and textures
• Black and White—Give photos a classic look with this darkroom-inspired filter. Select styles, grain, vignettes, and more for a perfectly nostalgic look
• Sharing—Share photos on Facebook and Flickr, email photos, and print them using Apple’s AirPrint wireless printing standard
Pricing and Availability Snapseed is available now on the App Store at www.niksoftware.com/getsnapseed for $4.99 or the equivalent in other currencies. Snapseed is a Universal app, which means that customers who purchase it will be able to install on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Current Snapseed for iPad users can install the iPhone version on their iPhone or iPod touch for free by simply downloading it to their iTunes library and synchronizing their device.