Photo sharing site 500px says it has finished the development of an Adobe Lightroom publisher plugin for 500px’s web service, and the plugin is now available for download at http://500px.com/lightroom.
In a story in PDN’s January issue, we named 500px one of the best web services for photographers seeking to share their work.
The 500px publisher plugin for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is designed as a publishing tool that allows all photographers at 500px to publish, edit and manage their photos.
With 500px publisher plugin photographers can:
• Publish photos to public profile or a personal portfolio
• Create and manage portfolio collections
• Edit titles, descriptions, and other metadata and sync it with 500px profile or portfolio
• Read and write comments for your photos right from Lightroom
• See individual photo statistics, such as views, favorites, votes and rating
The plugin supports Lightroom 2 (Export mode only) and Lightroom 3 (Publishing or Export). It is available for free and can be downloaded at http://500px.com/lightroom.
During development, more than 500 photographers have participated in beta program. 500px said that the beta testing helped them achieve “the best compatibility between different platforms and Lightroom versions.”
500px has developed the publisher plugin completely in-house as a way to ensure best compatibility, continued support and development.
The new Adobe Lightroom publisher for 500px will be officially announced today at 2pm EST.